Fried Tau Kwa
YOU WILL NEED
|Fortune Tau Kwa
|Oil, for frying
|Dark soy sauce
|Corn flour mixed with water 1:1
|Spring onion, chopped 1 scallion
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Cut Fortune Tau Kwa into cubes and set aside.
- Combine seasoning ingredients together, mix well and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan over high heat and add in the oil. Place the tau kwa pieces into the pan in a single layer. Pan fry them until golden-brown. Flip onto the other side and do the same. Remove the tau kwa and set aside.
- Using the same pan, reduce to medium heat. Pour in the seasoning mixture and stir for 3-4 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Add the seared tau kwa pieces back into the pan and stir lightly to evenly coat. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onion. Serve with lettuce.