Red Pepper flakes or dried chili flakes are the dry seeds from the hot chili peppers, or from a mix of different peppers, such as cayenne, bell peppers, and jalapeno. They get their pungent bite from the presence of capsaicin, the component that stimulates circulation and the digestive process inducing perspiration. Those cute-looking red little flakes you find on every single pizzeria’s table, are packed full of goodness for our health and our taste buds.
1. The capsaicin compound in dried red pepper flakes can help prevent prostate cancer according to a medical study from the “cancer Research Journal “
2. They help boost the metabolism and burn more calories throughout the day.
3. Dried red chili flakes are filled with antioxidants that help fight oxidative stress in the body and promote overall good health.
4. Chile flakes are a great appetite suppressant, so add them to all your foods if you are on a diet or are trying to eat less food.
5. Eating dried Red Pepper flakes help give relief from digestive issues, pain and inflammation, so sprinkle them over everything! One teaspoon only contains 6 calories, plus they are also rich in Vitamins A, C, B-6, E, magnesium, iron, and potassium.